Friday, February 19, 2016

Freebie Friday: Pinch Me Unboxing Day! {{Feb 19, 2016}}

Freebie Friday: Pinch Me Unboxing Day!
February 19, 2016
Freebie Friday: Pinch Me Unboxing Day! 2/19/2016
I've mentioned PinchMe.com a few times, and I have to say....

I LOVE A GOOD FREEBIE!

Or two or three...

I received my second Pinch Me box of free samples, and I am thrilled! The samples in my first box were good, but today's are GREAT!

I didn't do an unboxing for my first Pinch Me order, but it contained a dog food sample, a small lotion, and a coupon for $100 off of a case of $160 worth of wine from an online retailer. I didn't select the wine coupon and don't drink enough to use it, but my dad might find it useful. Today's box had another wine coupon! I'll offer that one to my dad as well.

Before I get into today's unboxing though, maybe I should tell you a little about Pinch Me.
PinchMe.com -- an UNBOXING
PinchMe.com is a website that allows you to select a couple of free samples every month or two to try out in exchange for a review. The samples might be for you, for a baby, for your pets, and so on. To qualify, you do have to fill out a profile about your interests, who you are, the makeup of your family, information about your pets, and so on.

The samples you are offered are based on your profile. For example, I don't have a baby so I don't qualify for baby samples. We do have dogs, so we do qualify for dog-related samples but not cat related samples.

Once you sign up, you will start getting emails periodically inviting you to select your samples for your next Pinch Me box. Once you've selected your samples, you sit back and wait. You'll get another email when your sample box has shipped. You can even track the shipping date on your Pinch Me dashboard.

When you receive your samples, you try them out and then go back to PinchMe.com to review each item. So far, I've had one review that was just a few yes or no questions and another that was a few yes or no questions with a brief short answer to write out.

Easy peasy! 

The only downside to Pinch Me that I've come across so far is that you do get occasional emails inviting you to sign up for various offers or newsletters, such as for Tablespoon by General Mills. If you sign up for those offers, you may receive coupons and samples from these third parties, but you also will end up on a lot of email lists. So, when you get those emails, proceed with caution, or consider setting up a second email address just for Pinch Me and other similar programs and offers.

Now, on to today's unboxing! 


In today's Pinch Me box, I received a nice sized sample of Purina One Smart Blend True Instinct Grain-Free Formula dog food. It's enough for 3 meals between my two dogs. What I like about this sample:
  • It's a decent size for a sample!
  • It doesn't smell weird or bad like many dog foods (although it doesn't smell like a bunch of roses either!).
  • The ingredients on the back are mostly recognizable or things I can easily figure out.
  • My dogs like it!
I also received a much bigger than expected bottle of Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter body wash. What I like about this sample:
  • The size is honestly incredible for a free sample! It is four times as large as the lotion sample in last month's box!
  • It smells good (although the scent is a little stronger than I prefer).
  • It feels smooth going on.
  • It washes off nicely.
  • It came with a coupon so if I see it on sale somewhere, I might consider buying it. 
    • So, um, edited to add that I didn't read the label very carefully! This is BODY WASH, not lotion! Oops! It smelled great though and worked well as a lotion. But, once I noticed that it was body wash, I used it in the shower, and it's GREAT! Smells lovely. Goes on smooth, and rinses of with ease. 
And, I don't recall requesting this so maybe they automatically popped it in, but I also received two packets of Truvia, the stevia-based calorie free sweetener with a coupon.  I've never tried Truvia and usually don't use sweetener alternatives. I might try it on my oatmeal tomorrow.
  • Edited to add: I tried Truvia the next morning in my oatmeal and ended up throwing the oatmeal away. I did not like the flavor of Truvia at all. It didn't really make my oatmeal sweeter so much as gave it a bit of a chemical flavor. Odd considering Truvia is supposedly all natural. 

Finally, I received the wine coupon that I mentioned above. I'll probably give it to my dad. It seems that they automatically put these in orders.

Overall, I really am enjoying Pinch Me, even though this was only my second box.

You can sign up HERE
I'd really appreciate it if you'd enter code 7C42J when signing up too!

Have you tried Pinch Me? What did you think? What other samples and freebie programs do you participate in that I should check out??? Leave a comment!

Edited to add: If you do give Pinch Me a try, make sure you update your profile regularly as this information is how you qualify for samples. I didn't qualify for the last two boxes--I believe one was focused on baby care (I have a teenager) and the other was focused on cats (I have two dogs).

No comments:

Post a Comment